CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2016 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on August 23, 2016 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- All City Office will be closed Monday, September 5th, in observance of Labor Day.
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 6pm.
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Airport Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Arts & Culture Board: (Mayor Mantz)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the August 9, 2016 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes and August 18th Special Commission Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on the Dispatch Agreement between the City of Raton and Colfax County.
C. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-41: July 2016 Financial Report.
D. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-42: ICIP 2018-2022.
E. Deliberate and Act on a Scrap Tire Recycling Grant with the New Mexico Environment Department.
F. Deliberate and Act on Award of Contract for a Wildlife Gate at the Raton Municipal Airport.
G. Deliberate and Act on Lodger’s Tax Recommendation to renew Contract with Lamar Billboards.
H. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Friday, August 19, 2016 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was also posted in six public places (Library, Aquatic Center, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Garcia, City Clerk