CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2018 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on February 27, 2018 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
- Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
- Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
- Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Municipal Election: March 6, 2018 Polls open 7 am – 7 pm
- Newly Elected Officials Swearing In/Reception Monday, March 12, 2018
at 5:30 p.m. in the City Commission Chambers
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 6pm
- Notice of Potential Quorum: A quorum of City Commissioners may attend the NMML District 3 Meeting to be held in Santa Rosa on March 19, 2018 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Blue Hole Conference Center, 1085 Blue Hole Road.
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the February 13, 2018 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes and February 20, 2018 Special Joint Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on Public Celebration Permits for Raton MainStreet Spring for Hops & Vine Tasting Event on April 14, 2018:
- Sierra Blanca Brewing Company
- Black Mesa Winery LLC
- Balzano Vineyard Winery
- New Mexico Cider
C. Deliberate and Act on Lodgers Tax Recommendations.
D. Deliberate and Act on MOU between the City of Raton and Raton Little League.
E. Deliberate and Act on Appointment to Raton Water Works Board.
F. Deliberate and Act on Bid Award for 2001 CAT 816F Landfill Compactor.
G. Deliberate and Act on Bid Award for 1979 Ford L800 Flatbed Truck.
H. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-12: Application for Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Municipal Arterial Program (MAP) Funding to NMDOT District IV for 5th Street Resurfacing Project.
I. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-13: Application for Cooperative Agreement Program (CO-OP) Funding to NMDOT District IV for Fiscal Year 2018-2019
Brilliant Street and Hart Avenue Reconstruction Project.
J. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-14: January 2018 Financial Report.
K. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-15: FY18 Budget Adjustment #9.
L. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-16: NMFA Aquatic Center Loan – FY18 Additional Debt Payment.
M. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
/s/ Michael Anne Antonucci, Interim City Clerk