CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2018 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on January 23, 2018 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
- Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
- Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
- Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Notice of Potential Quorum: A quorum of City Commissioners may attend the 29th Annual Reception and Municipal Day to be held in Santa Fe at the La Fonda Hotel located at 100 E. San Francisco Street, February 1-2, 2018.
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 6pm
- There will be a Special City Commission Meeting held on January 30, 2018 at 5pm
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
- Approval of the January 9, 2018 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Report from Shuler Restoration on Digital Film Project, Billy Donati
- Presentation of City of Raton Strategic Plan by Retha Shiplet and City Department Heads.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-04: Adoption of City of Raton Strategic Plan.
- Deliberate and Act on Third Annual Renewal of Consulting Services Agreement between the City of Raton and Engineering Analytics, Inc.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution on 2018-05: Supporting Raton Chamber petition efforts to keep K-mart in Raton.
- Deliberate and Act on Extension of Liquor License Lease with Raton Country Club.
- Deliberate and Act on Lodger’s Tax Recommendations.
- Deliberate and Act on Juvenile Justice Grant FY18 Budget Adjustment Request #1.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2018-06: FY18 2nd Quarter Financial Report
- City Manager’s Report
L. Closed Executive Session Pursuant to Section 10-15-1 H(5) Collective Bargaining Between the City of Raton and AFSCME Local 1601
M. Certification of Closed Session
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Michael Anne Antonucci, Interim City Clerk