CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on May 23, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6pm
- Proclamation: EMS Week, May 21-27
- Proclamation: Public Works Week, May 21-27
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Airport Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Arts & Culture Board: (Mayor Mantz)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the May 10, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on a Loan/Grant Agreement between the USDA and the City of Raton for Filter Plant Upgrades.
C. Deliberate and Act on Proposal Award for the Shuler Theatre Digital Film Project.
D. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-25: Approval of the April 2017 Financial Report.
E. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-26: Budget Adjustment #13 FY17.
F. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-27: Disposal of Surplus Property (Dispatch Equipment).
G. Deliberate and Act on Recommendations from the Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board.
- MOU between the City of Raton and the Raton Chamber.
H. Deliberate and Act on FY18 Funding Request from Raton MainStreet.
I. Deliberate and Act on FY18 Funding Request from Raton Arts and Humanities.
J. Deliberate and Act on FY18 Funding Request from the Raton Museum.
K. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-28: Adoption of FY17-18 Interim Budget-City of Raton, RWW and RPS.
L. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk