CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on February 14, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- All City Offices will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 in observance of President’s Day.
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 6pm.
- Proclamation: Jeannie Poulter Painting
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
- Approval of the January 24, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-09: Budget Adjustment #8 FY17.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-10: Disposal of Surplus Property owned by the City of Raton.
- Public Hearing: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goals for Federal Fiscal Years 2016-2018
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-10: A Resolution in Support of DBE Goals for Federal Fiscal Years 2016-2018.
- Deliberate and Act on Renewal of Engineering Services Contract with Engineering Analytics.
- Discussion: Legal Opinion on the Raton Pass/Scenic Highway, Restriction on Access. No Action.
- Closed Executive Session Pursuant to NMSA 10-15-1H (5): Collective Bargaining • Collective bargaining negotiations between the City of Raton and the Raton Firefighters I.A.F.F. Local 2378.
I. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Friday, February 10, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk