By Marty Mayfield
Raton Fire and Emergency Services along with Colfax Fire fighters responded to a house fire just after 7:00 p.m. Sunday evening at North Second and Tinaja.
This is the second house fire in the north Raton neighborhood near Columbian School in less than a week.
The house was occupied at the time of the fire. The residents returned to the home to find embers dropping form the chimney pipe. When fire fighters arrived on scene, flames were visible from the roof of the structure. The fire was located in the attic.
It was determined that the chimney was the cause of the fire. The house received major damage.