CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on October 24, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6pm
- Proclamation: RHS 2017 State Track Champions (also presented at the Oct. 20, 2017 RHS Football Game)
- Proclamation: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
- Approval of the October 10, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Public Hearing: Ordinance No. 996- Solid Waste Ordinance, replacing and repealing all existing ordinances pertaining to solid waste.
- Deliberate and Act on Ordinance No. 996- Solid Waste Ordinance, replacing and repealing all existing ordinances pertaining to solid waste.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-49: Annual Solid Waste Rates Schedule.
- Deliberate and Act on a Mutual Aid Agreement between Raton Fire and Emergency Services and the Maxwell Fire Department.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-50: First Quarter Financial Report.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-51: Budget Adjustment #3 FY18
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-52: Authorizing and Approving Submission of a Completed Application for Financial Assistance and Project Approval to the NM Finance Authority to Finance Police Department Vehicles.
- Deliberate and Act on FY19 Juvenile Justice Grant Application Submission.
- Deliberate and Act on MOU between the City of Raton and Colfax county Juvenile Justice Continuum Advisory Board. (CCJJCAB)
- Deliberate and Act on a Fixed Base Operator Agreement between the City of Raton and Express Aviation.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-53: SP-4-17(958) FY17 Cooperative Agreement Extension.
- Deliberate and Act on City of Raton Membership with the North Central New Mexico Economic Development District.
- Deliberate and Act on Voting Members for the Northeast Regional Transportation Planning and Organizing Committee.
- Deliberate and Act on Grant Amendment to Agreement No. RTN-17-02 between NMDOT Aviation and the City of Raton for Construction of Taxiway A.
- Deliberate and Act on Grant Amendment to Agreement No. RTN-17-03 between NMDOT Aviation and the City of Raton for Construction of Taxiway D.
- Deliberate and Act on Introduction of an Ordinance Adopting a Supplemental Municipal Gross Receipts Tax; providing for an election; repealing Ordinances in conflict here with.
- City Manager’s Report
- Closed Executive Session Pursuant to NMSA 10-15-1H(7): Threatened or Pending Litigation
- Litigation – Landfill Lawsuit Mark van Buskirk and Lori van Buskirk vs. City of Case No. D-809-cv-2013-00245
T. Certification of Closed Session: 10-15-1J.
U. Deliberate and Act on Authorization for the City Manager to Attend a Mediation on behalf of the City for the Landfill Lawsuit Mark van Buskirk and Lori van Buskirk vs. City of Case No. D-809-cv-2013-00245
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk