CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on October 10, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
- Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
- Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
- Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting October 24, 2017 at 6pm.
- Proclamation: Professional Business Women’s Week
- Proclamation: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Proclamation: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the September 26, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-46: Approval of the FY2017 Fixed Capital Asset Inventory.
C. Deliberate and Act on Event: Calvary Baptist Church Hay Ride.
D. Deliberate and Act on Raton Main Street’s Downtown Trick or Treat.
E. Public Hearing: Ordinance No. 996- Solid Waste Ordinance, replacing and repealing all existing ordinances pertaining to solid waste.
F. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk