Catches of the week
- Coyote Creek: Grace Thorn, 4, of Boys Ranch, Texas, caught her first limit of trout Sept. 19. She was using worms.
- Tingley Beach: Maverick Barrera, 4, of Albuquerque, caught and released a largemouth bass Sept. 22. He was fishing the Bob Gerding Catch and Release Pond and using a crank bait modified with a single barbless hook.
The following reports came in late but deserve a mention:
- Laguna del Campo: Paul Sanchez of Albuquerque caught a 25-inch rainbow trout Sept. 17. He was using salmon eggs.
- Rio Grande River: Marcus Devlin, 16, of Belen, caught a 30-inch, 10-pound catfish Sept. 16. He was using chicken liver.
- San Juan River: Jesse Soveranez, 14, of Farmington, caught a 20.75-inch trout Sept. 2. He was fishing the bait waters and using night crawlers.
- Ute Lake: John Claypool, 79, of Logan, caught and released a 10.5-pound blue catfish Sept. 17. He was running a trotline baited with crayfish.
If you have a catch of the week story or just want to tell us about your latest New Mexico fishing experience, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may include your story in our next report.
For catches of the week, include name, age, hometown, date, and location, type of fish, length and weight if possible and bait, lure or fly used.