CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on September 12, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting September 26, 2017 at 6pm.
- Notice of Potential Quorum: The Raton City Commission may attend a Meeting with NM MainStreet, to be held on Friday, September 15, 2017, located in the City Commission Chambers, 224 Savage Ave., Raton, NM 87740, beginning at 1pm.
- Proclamation: UMWA Health and Retirement Proclamation of Support
- Proclamation: Volunteers of the Visitor’s Information Center
- Proclamation: Museum Day Live!
- You Rock Award
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
- Approval of the August 22, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes and the September 5, 2017 Special Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Shuler Restoration Annual Report to Commission.
- Deliberate and Act on Event: Oktoberfest, Raton MainStreet-road closures.
- Deliberate and Act on a Public Celebration Permit for Raton MainStreet’s Oktoberfest Event on Saturday, October 14, 2017- Black Smuggler Winery.
- Deliberate and Act on a Public Celebration Permit for Raton MainStreet’s Oktoberfest Event on Saturday, October 14, 2017- Red Door Brewery.
- Deliberate and Act on a Public Celebration Permit for Raton MainStreet’s Oktoberfest Event on Saturday, October 14, 2017- Colfax Ale Cellar.
- Deliberate and Act on a Public Celebration Permit for Raton MainStreet’s Oktoberfest Event on Saturday, October 14, 2017- Sheehan Winery.
- Deliberate and Act on an Event: Domestic Violence Awareness Walk, Raton PBW.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-44: Budget Adjustment #2 FY18.
- Deliberate and Act on Introduction of Ordinance No. 996- Solid Waste Ordinance, replacing and repealing all existing ordinances pertaining to solid waste.
- City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk