CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, APRIL 25, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on April 25, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
- Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
- Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
- Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Budget Workshop, Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 5:30 p.m.
- Notice of Potential City Commission Quorum at EPA Infill Project Meeting on
May 9, 2017 at 6 p.m., Shuler Theater
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6pm
- You Rock Award
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Airport Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Arts & Culture Board: (Mayor Mantz)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the April 11, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on Recommendations from the Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board.
- Mobile Town Guide App, Raton MainStreet
- Southwest Regional Country Music Showdown, Phillips Broadcasting
- Annual PRCA Rodeo, Raton Rodeo Association
- Funds for Government Tourism Conference, Raton Chamber
C. Deliberate and Act on MainStreet Biennial Memorandum of Understanding.
D. Deliberate and Act on location of Solid Waste Convienence Center.
E. Deliberate and Act on renewal of an MOU between the City of Raton and Raton Little League.
F. Deliberate and Act on renewal of an MOU between the City of Raton and Raton Adult Softball League.
G. Deliberate and Act on Agreement between the City of Raton and Colfax County Vector Control Services Agreement.
H. Deliberate and Act on a Dispatch Agreement between the City of Raton and the Village of Cimarron.
I. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-20: Approval of the 3rd Quarter Financial Report.
J. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-21: Budget Adjustment #10 FY17
K. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-22: Disposal of Surplus Property.
L. Deliberate and Act on Appointment to City Boards:
- Financial Advisory Board
M. City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk