CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2017 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on March 28, 2017 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 6pm
- Maxwell Bears High School Basketball Team- 2017 NMAA-A State Champions
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Airport Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Arts & Culture Board: (Mayor Mantz)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
A. Approval of the March 14, 2017 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes.
B. Deliberate and Act on Raton MainStreet’s Annual Cinco de Mayo Event.
C. Deliberate and Act on JJAC Revised Budget Adjustment #2.
D. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-16: Approval of the February 2017 Financial Report.
E. Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2017-17: Budget Adjustment #9 FY17.
F. Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Discussion.
G. Deliberate and Act on NMFA Welcome Center Loan Payoff.
H. Deliberate and Act Purchase of Transfer Station Building from CES Contract.
I. Deliberate and Act on Acceptance of Economic Development Department MainStreet Capital Appropriation Project Grant Agreement.
J. Deliberate and Act on Action Plan for Access to Old Pass Road/Scenic Highway.
K. City Manager’s Report
L. Closed Executive Session Pursuant to NMSA 10-15-1(H) 2: Limited Personnel Matters: City Manager Evaluation.
M. Certification of Closed Session: NMSA 10-15-1J
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was posted in six public places (City Hall, Library, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Mascarenas, City Clerk