CITY OF RATON REGULAR COMMISSION MEETING
RATON CITY HALL, 224 SAVAGE AVE
TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2016 AT 6PM
A regular meeting of the City Commission of the City of Raton will be held on June 28, 2016 at 6 p.m. The Meeting will be called to order by Mayor Mantz. The following subjects will be considered by the City Commission and may be considered in any order that is most convenient for the City Commission.
I. Meeting Called To Order – Mayor Mantz
II. Roll Call of the Members of the City Commission and determination of quorum.
III. Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. Flag.
IV. Recognition of Visitors, Citizen of the Month and/or Presentation of Proclamation, Service Award, Congratulations, Condolences, Holiday Schedules and City/Municipal events –
- Next Regular Commission Meeting Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 6pm.
V. Comments from the General Public
VI. Committee Reports From Commissioners:
- Raton Water Works: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta, Commissioner Chavez)
- Raton Public Service: (Mayor Mantz, Commissioner Giacomo)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Senior Center Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- Planning & Zoning Commission: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Housing Authority: (Commissioner Schuster)
- Airport Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
- ETZ Zoning Commission: (Mayor pro-tem Segotta)
- Arts & Culture Board: (Mayor Mantz)
- North Central NM Economic Development District: (Mayor Mantz)
- Library Advisory Board: (Commissioner Giacomo)
- ETZ Zoning Authority: (Mayor Mantz)
- Financial Advisory Board: (Commissioner Chavez)
VII. Action items/Public Hearings/Ordinances/Resolutions/City Manager’s Report-The City Commission may discuss and/or take actions on the following agenda items:
- Approval of the June 14, 2016 Regular Commission Meeting Minutes and June 21, 2016 Special Commission Meeting Minutes.
- Deliberate and Act on Consideration on Ordinance 992: an Ordinance Establishing Rates for Water and Sewer use from the Municipal System of the City of Raton; Amending Ordinance No. 972, Ordinance No. 948, Ordinance No. 894, and Ordinance No. 684 and Repealing all Ordinances and Regulations in Conflict Therewith.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-32: USDA Grant Application.
- Deliberate and Act on Bid Award for the Tiger Drive Tiger Drive Repaving Project.
- Deliberate and Act on RFP Award of Contract for Direct Youth Services.
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-33: A Resolution Concerning Dangerous Buildings and Requiring Removal: 421 & 421 ½ North 4th – Faith Blackmore, owner
- Deliberate and Act on Resolution 2016-34: May 2016 Financial Report. .
- City Manager’s Report
I, the undersigned authority do hereby certify that the above notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Raton, New Mexico is a true and correct copy of the said notice and that a said copy of this notice was then posted on the front window of the City Hall of said City in Raton, New Mexico in a place convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice was posted on Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5 p.m. and remained so posted continuously at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting. Said notice was also posted in six public places (Library, Aquatic Center, Senior Center, County Courthouse, International Bank, Post Office) conveniently placed for the public. Also, KRTN Radio Station and the City of Raton Website will have the agenda posted prior to respective time limits designated for regular and special meetings. Please contact the City Clerk at 445-9551 or email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Tricia Garcia, City Clerk